I have added two apps to my iPhone, both from credit card companies, a couple of observations
- Why require a different app password to the one used for accessing the account via the web ?
- Why only allow numbers in the app password ?
- Why limit the app password to 6 digits ?
- Why list a landline numbers from the account when during set-up asked to select which mobile number to send SMS verification code to ? (All UK mobile numbers start with 07 so really not difficult to filter landlines out)
- Why making ‘Wipe app data’ button as big as the ‘Sign in’ button is a bit over the top
- Why not list a phone number for customer service that isn’t an 08x number, 08x numbers are rarely included in mobile price plans
However, I was very impressed by the speed Capital One responded to tweets addressed to them.
- Very nice to see a mobile app that list a non 08 number for customers service = minutes included in price plan can be used
- Very nice to see the twitter handler for AMEX customers service mentioned (ok, would be better if it was clickable)